- Home »
- European Summer Study Program »
- Pre Departure Information »
- Medical/Health/Accident Insurance
The CSA Program REQUIRES that all participants are covered with Medical/Health/Accident insurance for the minimum amount of $10,000 principle sum.
CSA works with and recommends Travel Insured's WORLDWIDE TRIP PROTECTOR insurance. Travel Insured's new coverage offering is an entire Comprehensive Protection Plan (not just Medical coverage) and offers many coverage benefits under one plan! These benefits are: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, Missed Connection or Missed Port of Call, Pet Care, Loss of Baggage/Personal Effects, Baggage Delay, Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense, Emergency Evacuation, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Pre-Existing Condition. Travel Insured’s International offerings are described within their brochure publication and a copy is sent to all participants for review.
Automatic Flight Insurance of $100,000 is included with each participant's airline ticket (for those participating on the program with airfare included—not for those participating with “No Air” status.) This automatic flight insurance covers for accidental loss of life, limbs or sight during a flight for which ticket was issued. Coverage applies:
* While you are riding, boarding or alighting as a ticketed passenger in a scheduled aircraft provided by a regularly scheduled airline.
* While you are on airport premises or traveling in any licensed public conveyance to and from the airport in connection with your ticketed flight.
* While you are riding in any land or water conveyance provided by the airlines as a substitute for an aircraft.
Here are the insurance options for all accepted CSA participants:
- Participants who have already purchased medical/health/accident insurance and sent in the application form to Travel Insured International, Inc., do not need to purchase more. However, you increase the amounts of coverage.
- Participants that have not purchased insurance, would like to and have misplaced the Travel Insured Trip packet CSA sent with their acceptance letter may contact Travel Insured directly on their toll free number (1-800-243-3174) or visit their website (www.travelinsured.com) to assist them & to answer any questions they may have.
- If participants are already covered for the medical/health/accident insurance (under their Parent’s, their Personal or with a University policy), THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE IT BUT MUST SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO THE CSA OFFICE: Insured company’s name, the name the policy is under (i.e. Parent's name, etc.), the policy number and the type & amount of coverage. (Participants may also mail CSA a copy of their insurance card which should have all this information on it.) CSA MUST have this information on file for emergency purposes!
- Participants not presently covered that prefer to purchase insurance from another company may of course do so. There is no obligation to purchase coverage from Travel Insured International, CSA only requires that participants send the following information to the CSA OFFICE: The insured company’s name, the name the policy is under, the policy number and the type & amount of coverage covered under. Travel Insurance is available from your local insurance agency, AAA offices, and travel agencies.
Regardless of the option selection above, participants that have not already signed and returned CSA's insurance waiver (sent with Bulletin #1), MUST do so. The waiver must be returned prior to May 31, 2010. Final travel documents cannot be sent without the waiver and/or existing insurance coverage information being returned to the CSA office.